For those of us who setup new WordPress installations frequently, installing the same plugins over and over again can get tedious. But we all know there’s a handful of essentials that we include on every site we build. I’ve found the best way to batch install WordPress plugins is by using WPCore.
WPCore is a free site & plugin that allows you to create collections of your favorite WordPress plugins, and then batch install them all at once. A free membership allots 5 collections with 18 plugins each. With a pro account, you can have over 100 collections and 100 plugins per collection.
Batch Install WordPress Plugins Video Tutorial
1. Create an account at WPCore
- Go to wpcore.com & register for a free account
2. Create a new collection of plugins
- Once logged in, click the “New” button
- Give your collection a name, and optionally, a description
- Choose whether to make it public or private
3. Add plugins to your collection
- After clicking “Continue,” you can start adding plugins to your collection
- Type the name of the plugin. If you know the plugin’s slug, that will provide the best results.
- Select the plugin from the dropdown list. Then click “Add.”
- Once you’ve added everything you need…
4. Install the WPCore plugin on your site
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Search for “wpcore”
- Install the WPCore Plugin Manager plugin
5. Add a collection using the collection key from WPCore
- Navigate to the new menu item, WPCore > Manage Keys
- Copy the collection key from WPCore, and paste it into the input field on the Manage Keys page
- Click “Save Collection”
6. Install plugins
- Double-check all your plugins are listed
- Click “Install plugins”
- Check the box at the top to select all plugins
- Go to “Bulk Actions”
- Choose “Install”
- Click “Apply”
It’s even easier than the steps above would indicate. If you found a better way to batch install WordPress plugins, please let us know in the comments.