Finding the IP Address for the A Record in WP Engine
To find the DNS Settings given to you by WP Engine, follow these steps.
- If you haven’t already changed your domain’s DNS settings with your domain registrar, start by logging into your site hosted on WP Engine: [your installation name].wpengine.com/wp-login.php.
- If you HAVE already changed your DNS settings with your domain registrar, login here: [your domain name].com/wp-login.php.
- Once logged in, click on the “WP Engine” tab located in the top left sidebar. This will bring you to the “General Settings” tab.
- Pro Tip: On the “General Settings” tab, under the header “Display Options,” make sure “WP Engine Admin Bar” is enabled. Next, check the box next to “Administrator” and click the “Save” button. What this will do is put a link that says “WP Engine Quick Links” on the top WordPress navigation for easy WP Engine access.
- At the top for DNS settings, it’ll tell you the CNAME record and the IP address for the A record. This information will be used for updating your DNS settings in your domain registrar.
If you use GoDaddy as your domain registrar, please check out our other tutorial on how to update DNS settings in GoDaddy.