How to Change WordPress URL
If you host your WordPress site with WP Engine, follow these steps to change your WordPress URL to work with the DNS settings you made in your domain registrar.
- Start by logging into your site hosted on WP Engine: [your installation name].wpengine.com/wp-login.php.
- Once logged in, click on “Settings” > “General.”
- For “WordPress Address” and “Site Address,” change the URLs from “http://[your installation name].wpengine.com” to “http://[your domain].com”
- Click the “Save Changes” button. When you do, you’ll be logged out of the backend of the WordPress site because you just changed where the WordPress site was living on the server.
- Log back into the site, but this time navigate to “http://[your domain].com/wp-login.php”. Once you’re able to log back into the site, you’ll see that your DNS changes have taken place because instead of the site being on “[your installation name].wpengine.com,” it’ll now be on “[your domain].com”
- To be sure, open another tab or window and visit “http://[your domain].com.” If you see your WordPress site, you’ll know you made your DNS changes correctly.